- We prefer written experiences to be between 500 and 800 words. If you have a longer story to share, reach out to us and we’ll work with you.
- Please break your story down into the following 4 sections:
- The Situation
- Explain briefly how the experience developed. This should be the shortest part of your story.
- The Problems and Issues You Encountered
- What major decisions were you faced with?
- What were the most confusing, frustrating, and/or important elements of your experience?
- What we’re looking for here is the good, the bad, the mistakes, and the surprises you encountered along the way.
- What you would do differently if you could go back and do it over?
- Most importantly, what advice would you give others based on your experience?
- Focus on the key pieces of knowledge you took away from your experience
- A full list of the experiences we’re seeking is available here.
- We accept the following file types: Microsoft Word (doc, docx), PDF, Plain Text (txt) and Rich Text (rtf). The maximum file size is 2MB.
You can submit your story using the form below. If we determine your story is a good addition to our database, one of our editors will be in contact to start the editing and verification process, and to arrange for your compensation. We try to reply to all submissions within 5 business days.
Why are you willing to pay people for sharing their experience?
We pay for the stories we publish because it allows us to grow our database of experiences faster while also delivering the most helpful experiences to our audience. Additionally, it takes some time on your part to verify your story as we only publish experiences we can verify are real.
How likely is it that you’ll choose to publish my story (and pay me)?
We try to publish the majority of experiences that are submitted and meet the guidelines we outline in the sections above. However, our primary goal is to grow the overall real-world wisdom and range of experiences in our database. If we already have several experiences similar to yours we may decide against publishing your story. If you’d like to see if we’re interested without submitting your full experience, please send us a summary of the story you’d like to share and we’ll let you know if we’re likely to publish it. You can use the form below to send the summary.
How long will it take to know if you have decided to publish my story?
We try to respond to all submissions within 5 business days. If we decide to publish your story, one of our editors will be in touch to start the verification process and to work with you to edit and finalize your story. We will also notify you if we decide against publishing your story.
How will my story be shared?
Your full story will only be published on our website. We may also share small excerpts of your story on our social media accounts and in media stories about Knowerly.
Will you show my full name on my story?
No. We'll only show your first name and the first initial of your last name on our website. In some cases we’ll also consider requests for anonymity as long as we can verify your identity.
How does the video interview work?
After we’ve decided to publish your story we’ll let you know if we think it’d be a good fit for a video interview. If you’re interested, just let us know and we’ll work with you to complete the video interview and you’ll be compensated an additional $250 on top of what you’ll be paid for your story.
What if I have an experience that I’d like to share that isn’t on your list?
Send us an email outlining the experience you’d like to share and we’ll be in touch in 5 business days or less. You can contact us here or use the form below.
Where can I see the full list of experiences you're looking for?
A full list of the experiences we’re seeking is available here.