- We prefer written experiences to be between 500 and 800 words. If you have a longer story to share, reach out to us and we’ll work with you.
- Please break your story down into the following 4 sections:
- Your experience
- Explain briefly your experience and role in the industry. This should be the shortest part of your story
- The most common mistakes and issues you see
- What are the major decisions you see people face?
- What are the most confusing or frustrating elements of the experience that you see people face?
- What we’re looking for here is the good, the bad, the mistakes, and the surprises you’ve seen people encounter along the way.
- What “off the wall” things have you seen?
- Have you witnessed any less than common outcomes (good or bad), or unique issues that you feel may be helpful for people?
- Most importantly, what advice would you give others based on your industry experience?
- Focus on practical advice and tips that will be truly useful.
- We accept the following file types: Microsoft Word (doc, docx), PDF, Plain Text (txt) and Rich Text (rtf). The maximum file size is 2MB.
You can submit your story using the form below. If we determine your story is a good addition to our database, one of our editors will be in contact to start the editing and verification process, and to arrange for your payment. We try to reply to all submissions within 5 business days.
Why are you willing to pay for my industry experience?
We’re willing to pay for the industry insider stories we publish because it allows us to grow our database faster, while also attracting a diverse range of real experiences for our audience to learn from.
How likely is it that you’ll choose to publish my story (and pay me)?
We try to publish the majority of experiences that are submitted and meet the guidelines we outline in the sections above. However, our primary goal is to grow the overall real-world wisdom and range of experiences in our database. If we already have several experiences similar to yours we may decide against publishing your story. If you’d like to see if we’re interested without submitting your full experience, please send us a summary of the story you’d like to share and we’ll let you know if we’re likely to publish it. You can use the form below to send the summary.
How long will it take to know if you have decided to publish my story?
We try to respond to all submissions within 5 business days. If we decide to publish your story, one of our editors will be in touch to start the verification process and to work with you to edit and finalize your story. We will also notify you if we decide against publishing your story.
How will my story be shared?
Your full story will only be published on our website. We may also share small excerpts of your story on our social media accounts and in media stories about Knowerly.
Will you show my full name on my story?
Only if you want to share your industry insider experience as a professional, with an accompanying profile (which is a paid service we offer). You can also share your story anonymously on our website as long as we can verify your identity and work experience.
How does the video interview work?
After we’ve decided to publish your story we’ll let you know if we think it’d be a good fit for a video interview. If you’re interested, just let us know and we’ll work with you to complete the video interview and you’ll be compensated an additional $250.
What if I have industry experience that I’d like to share that isn’t on your list?
Send us an email outlining the industry and experience you’d like to share and we’ll be in touch in 5 business days or less. You can contact us here or use the form below.
Where can I see the full list of experiences you're looking for?
A full list of the experiences (and the industries they’re in) is available here.